Applications are currently being accepted for courses falling within January 1 - June 30, 2017. Apply here by March 31, 2017.
The scholarship award amount is $300. Scholarships are awarded twice annually. Scholarships are available to career (50% or greater full-time employment), non-represented, non-union, PPSM policy-covered staff who have completed probation. NOTE: this program is for staff that are not represented by a bargaining unit (union) -- at the administrative level, this is Analyst 1 and above. To check your eligibility by Title or Title Code, please visit the HR site here.
The title immediately above, for an (Administrative) Assistant 3 employee, belongs to the Clerical bargaining unit "CX" and therefore the employee is not eligible.
The title immediately above, for an Analyst 1 employee, does not belong to a bargaining unit, reflected by the "99-" code, and therefore the employee is a member of Staff Assembly and is eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
Preference is given to activities promoting the mission of UCSF as well as contributing to safe and healthy lifestyles and communities
Scholarships can be awarded in multiple years to the same applicant if the applicant meets Staff Assembly’s requirements for reporting on the use of previously granted awards
Criteria and Selection Process:
The following criteria are considered in the selection process:
- How the Scholarship Relates to the Applicant's Personal and/or Professional Development Goals
- Promotion of the UCSF Mission
- Personal Commitment to Completion of Specified Program/Activity
- Initiative, Innovation, and Creativity
- Written Communication Skills
- First award cycle (July 1 – December 31, 2016) deadline = September 30, 2016 [closed]
- Second award cycle (January 1 - June 30, 2017) deadline = March 31, 2017 [apply here]
- The activity start date must fall within the above award cycle, and applications must be received by the deadline
Before beginning your application, please confirm that the type of activity you are applying for with this request is not among the many free Skillsoft courses that UCSF offers, in such areas as Professional, Leadership, Business, Wellness, System Applications, and Continuing Education / Certifications.